Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Think About It

So, there I was yesterday sitting in my office looking through the 2007-8 Almanac edition of The Chronicle of Higher Education that came out this week. It had a couple dozen pages of nothing but hardcore statistics on trends in academics, the administration of universities, and the opinions of students. My highlighter was going crazy trying to flag everything that relates to my Monday-Friday, but two other statistics caught my attention that I jotted down to share with you. Check this out:

61.2% of folks participating "agree that same-sex couples should have the right to legal marital status."

25.6% of folks participating "agree that it is important to have laws prohibiting homosexual relationships."

These statistics are based on survey responses of 271,441 freshmen entering 393 four-year universities last fall. The figures were statistically adjusted to represent the total population of approximately 1.3 million full-time freshman at four-year institutions.

Pretty telling, huh? Tomorrow's leaders are going to be fair-minded - Think about it!

~Jody

No comments: