Sunday, August 12, 2007

A New Plan

Hey, folks... we made it back to Kentucky! I believe I can speak for Christina and Misty in saying that we are wore out and glad to be home. However, the meeting was really good. A special thank you needs to go out to Equality New Mexico and their Executive Director Alexis Blizman (www.eqnm.org), the Equality Federation and our Executive Director Toni Broaddus (www.federationlgbt.org), and the 2007 Summer Meeting Planning Committee (Alexis Blizman, Stratton Pollitzer, Michelle Penson, Sandy Vopalka, Rhonda White, and myself).

The sessions were really helpful to me. I talked a little about the sessions I went to on Thursday and Friday in previous posts. On Saturday morning, I went to probably the most helpful to me. It was entitled "Build a Better Board" by Mickey MacIntyre, realChange Partners (www.realchangepartners.com). Later on Saturday, the Federation discussed the new strategic plan of the organization as presented by the Catalyst Committee (which Christina serves on). After discussion and a few activities regarding how we activate the new plan, it was adopted!

I have to say that to me the most valuable role of the Federation is the peer-based leadership development and the opportunities for that at the summer meeting is great. I have to send a shout out to my newest friend in this work, Will Carlson, Policy and Strategy Coordinator at Equality Utah (www.equalityutah.org).

I look forward to sharing the informaiton I gathered at the meeting with the other leaders of the statewide movement... some really cool things happening across the country. I plan to have a conversation at the party I'm having this coming Monday (20th) at my home on some of the new information in the movement nationally.

~Jody

Communication Director Misty York discussing part of the Federation Strategic Vision
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mickey MacIntyre leading the Activation of the New Federation Strategic Plan
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Honorable Mo Baxley (Representative in the Assembly of New Hampshire) - GREAT PERSON!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Equality New Mexico Executive Director Alexiz Blizman wearing her Catalyst Committee hat!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shout back at ya. It was fantastic meeting you at the convention. Best of luck as you continue on the path toward fairness.