Thursday, September 27, 2007

AMEN in Washington Today

Sorry for going silent everyone! I've been extremely busy. Last weekend, the KFA Board of Directors met in Ashland, KY for our 3rd quarter meeting. It was a great meeting and I thank everyone involved in that. Today, I proudly held my breathe as the U.S. Senate vote on the Hate Crimes Amendment. It received the required 60 votes to tack it onto the defense spending bill. I must say how let down I continue to be of Kentucky's senators. While President Bush has threatened to veto this measure, I'd encourage him to listen to the International Association of Chiefs of Police when they say it is needed! Continue to stay tuned and take part in any of KFA's e-advocacy alerts regarding this in the near future... we continue to push forward. ~Jody

No comments: