Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Fairness is a Kentucky Value"

Hey, folks. If you haven’t taken a moment to watch “Fairness is a Kentucky Value” then I encourage you to do so by visiting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjarj1eoKA. The film was produced by the Kentucky Fairness Alliance and Kentucky Digital Media. I’m very proud to brag on everyone that contributed to the making of this film. Several people deserve public recognition for working on this project. Aaron Hutchings, KY Digital Media Executive Producer, dedicated his technical and artistic talents to making this project happen, but it would not have been possible without the time and energy of Misty York, KFA Communication Director, Wes Wright, KFA supporter and former staff member, and Christina Gilgor, KFA Executive Director. Following the film’s production, Mr. Hutchings wrote to me and said, “The mission of KFA is something I believe in and your staff was an amazing team with great focus on the product… I have made a great many documentaries over the last 14 years for KET and found your team one of the best.” Mr. Hutching’s comments made me smile as it would any Board chairperson. Also, I would be missing a big group if I did not thank the individuals that were willing to volunteer their time to play a part in the film by telling their opinions, views, and sharing in the work of the organization.

I look forward to the KFA using it to tell the story of fairness, which is about the KFA’s direction for the future. Check out “Fairness is a Kentucky Value,” it’s up for your comment.

~Jody

No comments: